Thursday 9 August 2012

In Search Of Elephants,Whales,Walruses...........

A couple of weeks ago it was my eldest daughter's fourteenth wedding anniversary. What I didn't know was that gifts for  fourteenth wedding anniversaries is ivory.

As much as I would have liked to be able to afford real ivory there was no way I could. But more importantly I am a conservationist and there is NO WAY I was going out to kill  an elephant or whale or walrus in order to get a few teeth.

Next best thing I 'll fake it and bake it! So this is what I came up with.

A set of teaspoons covered in faux ivory bone polymer clay.

Covered spoons with little gold mica hearts and smaller hearts embossed.

Close up of one of the spoons.

I have to admit this is the first time I have tried my hand at faux ivory and my first time at covering spoons. I wasn't too sure at first if I liked them or not.  Personally I thought they looked primitive and something Fred Flintstone may be happy with.  However my daughter and son-in-law was delighted with them. Plus I guess a few elephants,whales and walruses were too . :)
                                

2 comments:

Marlene Brady said...

They turned out beautiful. Great ivory. Wish I could get my faux ivory to look like that!

Christine said...

Thank you for your kind words Marlene!