Saturday 14 July 2012


Look What The Sunshine Brought Me

A Little Visitor To My Garden





I know this has absolutely nothing to do with jewellery making or polymer clay, but yesterday we had a little bit of a rare occurrance....sun.Yes that's right! Sun! And I freely admit it went straight to my head. It also brought a little visitor to my back garden patio.

Let me introduce you to Betty. Betty is the beautiful little slinky shimmery grey one. The beautiful one holding her is my granddaughter Anya.

For anyone about to SHREIK in horror. Let me explain.
Betty is a slow worm. AND NOT A SNAKE. 
Slow worms are completly harmless and (legless ;) ) They are endangered and are really quite cute little creatures. Although the name is slow worm they are actually lizards without legs.And slow is not a term I would use to describe they're movements.





2 comments:

artybecca said...

I'm jealous! That little snake-worm-whatever is so cute!

Christine said...

artybecca thank you so much for your kind comment.

We seem to have a gathering of them underneath our patio in our back garden. My granddaughter Anya has given them all names. There's Nancy,Gus,Noonoo,Graham,Barbara,Bettyand Delilah. So far Betty has been the most brave by daring to come out and bask in the sun.