Monday 30 July 2012

The Beauty That Surrounds Us Part 1

I was brought up to respect nature and that everything in life is here for a purpose.That all creatures great and small have a right to life and should not be harmed.

However it was not until I took an interest in photography that I actually started to see the beauty in things that surround us.Where I live in Wales I am surrounded by mountains and the ever changing colours in seasons and the ever changing weather(seems I back to that again) and the way in which it can alter the way the landscape looks.

Before I got an interest in polymer clay I started making jewellery and it was during this time that I purchased a Czech designer glass pendant. The piece was called "Stormy Sky" and it seemed as if I could relate to this as it so reminded me of the mountain  that we can see from the back of our house. There are times when the sky goes quite black and thundery looking but there will be some little streak of blue sky and and sun shining on the mountain. For some reason this glass pendant reminded me of this.




Mountain View from the back of our house.



"Stormy Sky" Pendant







 
Pendant made up with black onyx an Swarovski crystals.






No comments: